Travel restrictions have been issued to prevent the spread of COVID-19. Please check the latest entry and exit restrictions for Pakistan prior to booking.
- From June 20, 2020, international flights have resumed at Pakistani airports with the exception of Gwadar International Airport (GWD) and Turbat International Airport (TUK).
- Certain domestic flight operations (including scheduled and charter flights) have resumed between the following locations: Karachi, Lahore, Islamabad, Peshawar, Quetta, Gilgit, and Skardu.
Operational SOPs for Domestic Flights in Pakistan
The Domestic Passenger Health Declaration form has to be filled by all travelers and the flight crew before boarding the flight.
All passengers are required to wear surgical masks throughout the duration of flight. The masks shall be provided by the airline at check in counter of the airport, if the passengers do not have their own.
Asymptomatic passengers will be sent home, and added to the Track and Trace system by respective provincial/federal authorities, and monitored to ensure self-isolation is carried out for 14 days.
Symptomatic passengers will be tested and quarantined until availability of test results; with the option of paid / government quarantine facilities to be provided as per earlier policy.
- Negative cases are to be sent home and tracked and traced by provinces accordingly.
- Positive cases belonging to the province of residence will be handled as per health protocols (either home quarantined or treated as per medical guidelines). Positive cases belonging to other provinces must be quarantined for a 14-day period by the province of arrival, and cannot be allowed to travel before completion of the prescribed period.
Operational SOPs for Inbound/Outbound Flights to & from Pakistan
- Please note all passengers must undergo PCR test within 96 hours from their flight departure.
- The International Passenger Health Declaration form has to be filled by all travellers and the flight crew before boarding the flight.
- Cabin luggage is not allowed on flights. A small pouch for your essentials like medicines etc. can be taken inside the flight.
- Passenger have to follow quarantine rules and regulations of the country they are traveling to.
- Only nationalities and permanent residents of the arrival country are encouraged to travel.
- Ensure passenger’s local contact details in Pakistan are correct and updated in the booking.
The Pakistan government advises against any Pakistani citizen traveling abroad. Only citizens whose husband or wife lives abroad & citizens who reside abroad with a permanent resident card are allowed to travel international.
- Wear the medical mask when you leave for airport and ensure to carry sufficient stock of masks and hand sanitizer for the entire duration of your journey.
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or use alcohol-based hand sanitizing solutions.
- Adhere to the preventive measures in place at the airport and onboard the aircraft. Follow the instructions of the airline and airport authority staff.
Be kind to each other – it’s the only way we will get through this pandemic.