Have a stopover at Dubai International Airport? Then, don’t leave the transit period go waste by just lazing at the airport lounge. Tax-free shopping, gold and masala souks and Burj Khalifa awaits you. Here are Rehlat’s top 5 things to do while you’re in transit and have a stopover for 8, 12, 16, or 24 hours at Dubai Airport.
What to do for a transit period of 8 to 9 hours at Dubai Airport?
- Pay a quick visit to the Burj Khalifa. This iconic tower is easily accessible through the Dubai Metro red line.
- Make sure to see the Dubai Mall Fountains, while checking out Burj Khalifa. It’s a favorite go-to spot among residents and visitors; the Dubai Mall fountain is an unforgettable experience that really just moves everyone because of its beauty and synchronized dance and song.
- Tour the gold and masala souq and shop for some exotic spices.
What to do for a transit period of 12 hours at Dubai AIrport?
Including the things you can do in 8 hour transit, you can also add the below if your transit period is 12 hours.
- If its sunrise or sunset time, take a ride to the Dubai Creek Harbor.
- Take a trip to the old Dubai which has the souks for gold and various other precious metal and stones.
What to do for a transit period of 16 to 18 hours at Dubai Airport?
Including the things you can do in 8 and 12 hours transit, you can also add the below if your transit period is 16 to 18 hours.
- If its evening hours, go for the happy hour at a rooftop bar: Treehouse at Taj.
- Go for some Shisha at Shimmers, located right on Madinat Jumeriah’s private beach with stunning views of Burj Al Arab Jumeirah.
- Go for a walk at Dubai Water Canal.
What to do for a transit period of 24 hours at Dubai Airport?
Including the things you can do in 16 hours transit, you can also add the below if your transit period is 24 hours.
- Hit the beach at the beautiful Nikki Beach which offers great sight and also has cutting-edge architecture and design, and it can seat 750 guests (1,500 for special events).
- A tour to the newly added Dubai Frame should be on cards as it gives you a glimpse of both old and new city.
- Go for afternoon tea at Ossiano at Atlantis the Palm.
Dubai Transit Visa – Things to Know
It’s not hard to get Dubai transit visa. But the regulations and requirements are specific enough to require that you plan well in advance in case you want to get out of the airport. You have to submit proof of a confirmed onward flight (i.e. an air ticket) & your passport must be valid for a minimum of 6 months.
Dubai Transit Visa Cost: Dh100
How to Get around in Dubai?
You have Dubai metro: Dubai International Airport Terminals 1 and 3 are connected to the Dubai Metro. The metro station is a very quick walk just about 5 to 8 minutes from the airport arrival hall, making it very convenient for visitors to move around Dubai with reasonable transportation.
Metro fare: Dh3 to Dh13 for single trips
Dubai Taxi: Just book a taxi from any terminal and go wherever you want. Depending on the time of the day, taxis should be your fastest mode of transportation and a very convenient.
Dubai Taxi Fare: Maximum Fare Dh25 and Minimum Fare Dh12
Uber and Careem: Installing Uber and Careem apps and booking cabs could be your best option since no cash is required. And this process saves a lot of time and money at the airport exchange services.