It’s October! That means it’s not just about cooler weather and beautiful falling leaves. It’s also time for Halloween! Can anyone get through autumn without seeing the fun-filled, exciting Halloween? No, right! So dust off your witch’s hat, rinse those vampire fangs and hop on your broomstick to kick-start your journey to the one hell of a party line.
6 Destinations To See The Best of Halloween
#1 Bangkok , Thailand
Regardless of being Buddhist, as Thais love nothing more than having fun, they scream their way across town clad in the most creative costumes every Halloween. Be it blood-sucking vampires or spooky Thai ghosts, they dress-up with full of enthusiasm and celebrate Halloween the best.
- Shopping malls in Bangkok throw enormous Halloween sales with reductions of 50%. Every year, the sale usually starts around October 20th and continues till November 5th.
- A lot of restaurants and nightclubs throughout the city offer the chance to dress up in costumes. Also, they have Halloween treats that offer free drinks, appetizers, and entrees.
- Khao San Road: During the Halloween week, this road turns into a giant freak fest, with live music and parties in pretty much every single nightclub on the strip. Don’t forget to dress-up Halloween because some night-clubs could demand the dress code to enter.
- Enjoy the pool party in SO Sofitel Bangkok at The Water Club. It’s totally a fun getaway to get wet-n wild for 8 hours with loud music beats, food and drinks around.
Address: 2 N Sathon Rd, Khwaeng Bang Rak, Khet Bang Rak, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10500, Thailand
Date & Timing: 27 October, starts at 1 pm.
- OMG – Oh My Ghost – Thailand’s biggest Halloween music festival. For all the music enthusiasts this is one-of-a-kind experience as the line-up features world-renowned bands and artists.
Date & Timing: 27 October
- Ready to try out spooktacular Trick Or Treat food? Then book a table at The Sala Restaurant in Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit.
#2 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Jump to your heart’s content parties, parades, competitions and dress-up opportunities at Kuala Lumpur this October. Undoubtedly, you’ll have a lot of fun to get involved in free events, Halloween parties and spookily themed getaways.
To keep you busy this All Hallow’s Eve:
- Get a chance to win 1500$ by winning Halloween Costume Contest at Zouk Kuala Lumpur – Asia’s Largest Superclub. Zouk Kuala Lumpur is throwing a big Halloween party – MASSACRE – this year to fill the festival with horror and fun. Escape Rooms, Instagramable spots, different room themes – Zouk KL has got everything to create a perfect impulse of Halloween.
Address: Zouk KL: 436, Jalan Tun Razak, KL.
Date & Time:27 October
- Red Spooktoberfest: You will find this place best for choice if you wanted to diversify your feed with more insta-worthy moments. With free entry to the festival floor, RED SPOOKTOBERFEST is a complete Halloween package which is full of Haunted House, Trick or Treat, Games, Spooky Performances, Bazaar, Food, Magic and Clowns. Eat, Drink & Be Scary!
Location: Grand Ballroom (23rd Floor), RED by Sirocco, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Date & Time: 27 October (12noon – 6pm)
- Pop over to Great Eastern Mall as there is a lot happening here. You’ll just be marveled and spooked with its Halloween agenda – horror rides, scary fun games, horror workshops, Halloween Costume contests etc.
Date: 28 – 29 October
#3 Hong Kong, China
Hong Kong brings Halloween to entertain you and your family, so don’t forget to make your way to one of the many fabulous Halloween parties this year at Hong Kong. There are loads of Halloween things to do with all the days and nights spooked up in Hong Kong. Things ranging from the traditional Halloween gaming zones to Halloween dance bars to dance till you drop, from fancy dress Halloween parties to Halloween overloaded and themed restaurants. During the week of Halloween, everything out there in Hong-Kong is all about cobwebs, pumpkins, crazy costumes and extreme fun.
To have a screaming good time:
- Disney’s Haunted Halloween at Hong Kong Disneyland Resort – During Halloween, this park transforms into a haunted land of pumpkins, ghosts, cobwebs and spooky trees featuring Halloween fun throughout the park. Dress up as your favorite Disney Villain, and party like a local on hallows’ time.
Address: Lantau Island, Hong Kong
Date: 13 September – 31 October.
- Ocean Park Halloween Fest offers an array of full-day and night fun-filled Halloween shows. In addition to an array of interactive and visually stunning haunted attractions, Ocean Park welcomes you with thrill-seeking spooky menus you can feast on.
Date: From now until 4 November
- Lan Kwai Fong Halloween Street Party – With more than 150,000 costumed partygoers at Lan Kwai Fong, this place stands as one of the largest party spots in the city. Apart from amazing deals and exciting themed menus the spot is famous for offering professional makeup service to spice up your look. Book your table, dance the night away and enjoy eerily themed food and drink.
Address: Central, Hong Kong
Date: 31 October
#4 Tokyo, Japan
Japanese Halloween isn’t so much about spookiness. Rather, it is a massive celebration of Japan’s flourishing pop culture, with street parties, parades, flash mobs, zombie runs, children-friendly parades and costume parties at bars. With almost every weekend in October having at least one Halloween event, Halloween has become a massive hit in Tokyo in recent years.
How to celebrate Halloween in Tokyo?
- Put your Halloween costume on and join the craziest Halloween street party in Shibuya, Tokyo – as it will transform into a party jungle on Halloween night. The place filled up with Disney characters, spooky people, angels, T-rex and many, many other unimaginable characters – makes you feel – “There is nowhere in the world that celebrates Halloween like Shibuya!”
Date: 31 October
- La Cittadella’s Kawasaki Halloween features one of the top costume parades in the capital region. So, enjoy 75 minutes unobstructed views of colorful parade fun as participants march by Kawasaki Station.
Date: 31 October (2:30pm – 3:45pm)
- Ikebukuro Halloween Cosplay Festival – Japan’s largest cosplay event where more than 10,000 cosplayers gather to celebrate Halloween. While it’s free to watch, if you want to dress up and take part, you need to pay ¥1,500 to the organizers.
Address: Higashi-Ikebukuro Central Park
Date: 27 – 28 October (10:00am – 6:00pm)
#5 Dubai, UAE
Dubai is exciting at any time of the year, but during Halloween, something happens to this vibrant city – ancient domain of warrior nomads becomes child-like and fun-minded.
Ghoulish-fun events taking place all over the city:
Dubai Garden Centre – sparks you and your children’s imaginations for this Halloween. Stroll the gardens to enjoy the views of outdoor plants like lemon, sweet lime, figs and others ready for planting. Love gardening? Then start digging up the gardens and sow the plants and seeds. You’re free to do your thing. While children are busy with workshops and activities you can shop for
Halloween décor and candles
Address: 739 Sheikh Zayed Road – United Arab Emirates
Date: Till October 28
- Join the Halloween brunch Slaughterhouse Brunch at Gaucho Dubai to mark the start of the Slaughterhouse celebrations at Gaucho Dubai. The Halloween Slaughterhouse Brunch serves you an array of starters, main courses, special blood-curdling cocktails, and fearsome food – completely Halloween themed – in a spooktacular atmosphere.
Address: Gaucho Dubai, Podium Level, Gate Village 05, DIFC, Dubai.
Date: 26th October
- Cavalli Vudu Ladies Night – Enjoy the special ghoulish Halloween brunch with unlimited starters and desserts while creepy clowns and fake bodies are hanging from the ceiling. Also, scariest costume wins an unnamable prize. So dress up to win! With music from our resident DJs keeping you on the dance floor all night long, this is a party not to be missed!
Address: Cavalli Club, Fairmont Hotel, Sheikh Zayed Road, 000010 Dubai
Date & Time: 31 October (8:30pm – 3am)
Perks: Ladies drink free from 8:30 pm until 3 am.
#6 New York, USA
Whether you want to scream your head off, get lost in a crowd, or just pretend to be someone else for a night, New York has plenty of fright-filled activities that will give you a heart-pounding rush and guaranteed Goosebumps.
To give yourself a Halloween Fright at masquerade balls, séances, and costume parties:
- Pure Terror Scream Park in Monroe holds the Guinness Record for being the longest haunted attraction in the world. Every year, Pure Terror Scream Park offers new haunted attractions like Necropolis, Trail of Terror, House of the Dead, etc.
Location: 299 Museum Village Rd, Monroe, NY 10950, USA
- Halloween Masquerade Ball will surely be New York’s hottest Halloween event. Fill Halloween Eve with ‘mystique’ & ‘playfulness’ and experience the freedom of anonymity behind the mask. From the moment you enter the exotic and mysterious realm of the event you’ll be high on complete entertainment. Dance floors, expansive bars and much more to celebrate Halloween.
Location: Stage 48, 605 West 48th Street, New York, NY 10036
Date & Time: Fri, Oct 26, 2018, 9:01 PM – Sat, Oct 27, 2018, 4:00 AM EDT
- Governors Island ‘Pumpkin Point’: Immerse yourself in a sea of orange pumpkins; enjoy pumpkin painting with a drink at a fall beer garden and treats like warm cider, mini-pumpkin pies, ice cream and more.
Location: New York, NY 11231, USA
Date & Time: Weekends – 20-27 October (10:00 am – 5:00 pm)
- Hyatt Regency Jersey City on the Hudson
- DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Suites Jersey City
- Westin Jersey City Newport
Obviously, we haven’t covered all the Halloween events happening in the destinations mentioned. If we’d miss something you wanted to know about – you can just ping us. We are more than happy to help.