The Story of Al Baik & Saudi Arabia’s Fried Chicken Obsession
Do you know Saudi’s fast food favorite Al Baik is ranked ahead of international brands like Samsung, WhatsApp, YouTube, & Google in brand ranking by YouGov? So, what makes Al Baik the top favourite? Let’s discover the inspiring story of Al Baik, a fast food restaurant that represents the Kingdom’s cuisine and love for food.
Source: YouGov BrandIndex
Al Baik – The Timeline Since It’s Inception
Al Baik first opened in 1974 in the city of Jeddah in KSA. Founded by the late Shakour AbuGhazalah, Al Baik has adhered to its vision of offering high quality affordable food which is served fast and courteously in a clean and inviting environment.
Today the fast food chain has more than 40 branches in Jeddah where it is headquartered. Besides that it has 8 branches in Mecca, 6 in Medina, one in Taif, one in Yanbu, one in Al Qunfudhah, one in Al-Lith, one in Al-Kharj, and one in Riyadh . Recently, Albaik expanded further into the central region of Saudi Arabia with two branches in Buraidah, and planning to open in Abha. The brand also has been introduced in Saudi Arabia’s South Province, in the city of Jizan.
8 Interesting Facts about Al Baik – Saudi’s Most Loved Fast Food Restaurant
- The name of Al Baik was Broast Restaurant for 12 years. In 1986, the restaurant got its famed name – The Al Baik
- Al Baik is an Arabic poetic word which actually translates to “Pick, Choose, or Select”
- The first restaurant was opened in an old ware house situated in Sharfiyah, Jeddah in 1974.
- The name of the founder is Shakkour AbuGhazalah who died just 2 years after establishing the restaurant in August 1976.
- The restaurant has an 18 secret herbs & spices recipe which is guarded by the family.
- It was the first restaurant that introduced Broast chicken in Saudi Arabia
- 400 restaurants opened with same menu after Al Baik’s success but nothing could come near Al Baik ‘s popularity
- Thomb is the scene stealer at Al Baik. It’s actually a garlic sauce which is not available anywhere else.
Al Baik is Not a Restaurant, It’s an Emotion
We have taken few tweets that describe the emotions of the Kingdom associated with this famous restaurant:
Don’t want to leave the comfort of your hotel room yet taste Al Baik’s menu? Order on Zomato & Talabat & savor the delicacy in the comfort of your hotel room.
Book your Saudi Trip Now & Taste the Best Chicken Fry in the World.
To add more fun, food and excitement to your trip to Saudi Arabia, Visit the Riyadh Season 2022, the biggest event happening in Saudi. To know more about the Riyadh Season event and tickets, check out our website!