The world has almost returned to normalcy, so has Dubai! The COVID-19 cases have ebbed away and the community vaccination drive has been commencing in full-swing and phased manner in Dubai.
As the business sector is slowly picking up and events have started to roll, the much-awaited, 26th edition of ‘Gulfood 2021’ has kicked off from Feb 21 at the Dubai World Trade Centre, with the participation of 2,500 companies from 85 countries, including some of the most prominent brands in the F&B sector.
Over five days ( Feb 21-25 ), the event will present the main market trends on food and beverage and aims to highlight new innovations, consumer behavior patterns, and revive communication links between thousands of key players in the sector.
What is ‘Gulfood’ about?
Gulfood is the world’s largest annual food and beverage trade exhibition. This expo provides opportunities to launch new markets and provide brand awareness to emerging companies. This is a platform where around a lakh professional attendees get a chance to explore the production of over 5,000 exhibitors.
When and where?
The event was inaugurated on Feb 21, 2021, and will be continuing till Feb 25, 2021, at Dubai World Trade Centre (DWTC).
What gets showcased?
The show will feature Meat & Poultry, Pulses, Grains & Cereals, Dairy, Power Brands, Fats & Oils, Beverages, Health, Wellness & Free-from*, World Food.
What makes the event special?
The interesting event schedule also includes award shows, competitions, and street food installations. It opens up investors’ summits to explore innovative products that the F&B sector can offer. It is also a meeting point of the world’s most influential chefs, food scientists, government officials, and industry leaders.
More specialties this time around
- The event will see the show’s first-ever blockchain-based dairy exhibitor, Ingredia from France.
- The event that has started on Feb 21 will feature more than 60 chefs including Michelin Starred culinary masters, 110 speakers including renowned business leaders, government heads, and food innovators, as well as the best culinary experts in the UAE.
- A session titled ‘Fine Cuisine with Ingredients from the Wilderness’, by Italy’s 3-star Michelin Star chef Norbert Niederkofler and ‘Chefs Without Borders and Beyond Recipes’, a session by Gal Ben-Moshe, the third Israeli chef to be awarded a Michelin Star.
- The Gulfood Innovation Summit starting from Feb 22 will discuss governments’ role in the future of food, sustainability, marketing, food’s relationship to tourism, and the emergence of new technologies set to boost the industry.
- Gulfood’s First in Food Workshops learning sessions started on Feb 21 and will continue on 23, and 24, which will offer insights into the future of F&B. This year’s program features live sessions on topics ranging from food safety and innovation to sustainable dining, food safety, and F&B design.
No compromise on safety protocols
The Gulfood 2021 event is being held under stringent safety and hygiene protocols. During the exhibition, wearing masks is made mandatory, with social distancing in place to ensure the wellbeing of all delegates. Also, on-site registration will not be available, adhering to the rules.
Courtesy ( Event features ): Gulfood.com
* Free-from food is a term that has started to be used as an umbrella term for food that is free from something. Gluten-free, Lactose-free, Fat-free, Sugar-free, etc.
Do not miss out on the opportunity to be live at this stunning event!
Book your stay in Dubai with amazing staycation offers.