The summer is upon us. This means holidays, travel and leisure time will be on almost everyone’s mind. Isn’t it? If so, this is the time to hop on a flight and go explore a new destination this summer holiday.
There are plenty of awe-inspiring locales around the world, and it is always a big task to zero in on one place. So, to make it easy for you, we have found some spectacular summer holiday destinations that are known for hosting the best family holidays and friend’s get-together. Whether you want a star spangled-vacation, a tropical holiday or a glimpse of history – we have covered it all for you.
Enjoy your Fix of the Summer Sun in These Top Holiday Destinations
Switzerland – A Haven for Nature Lovers
You will be greeted by exciting views and an eye-catching landscape of turquoise waters and white sandy beaches. Switzerland is unsurprisingly a honeymoon favorite, and the vibrant country has a lot to offer to everyone. Other than relaxing on the beach, action-packed activities such as diving, snorkeling, hiking, and parasailing are readily available.
Must Visit Places in Switzerland: Titlis, Jungfraujoch, Swiss National Museum, Fraumünster, Rhine Falls
Things to Do in Switzerland:
- Enjoy the child-friendly fun Tobogganing which is fun for adults and kids alike.
- Inhale the fresh mountain air at the Jungfrau Region.
- Visit the beautiful Lake Lucerne with backdrop of the Alps.
Turkey – A Perfect Blend of Tradition and Modernity
Turkey has the perfect mix of eastern tradition and rising modernity. Home to plenty of historical sites, breathtaking architecture, excellent shopping and sumptuous food, it is the ideal destination to travel this summer. Be prepared to be moved by the generous spirit of the locals as hospitality is the cornerstone of Turkish culture. Well, we are sure that you will have a memorable vacation in Turkey.
Must Visit Places in Turkey: Basilica Cistern, Süleymaniye Mosque, Mevlana Museum, Bosphorus Bridge, and Spice Bazaar
Things to Do in Turkey:
- If you need a different experience, then visit the forgotten metropolis – Ani Ghost City, which has been abandoned for centuries.
- Visit the surreal swooping rock valleys of Cappadocia that are every photographer’s dream.
- Visit Topkapı Palace that takes you into the fantastical, opulent world of the sultans.
Germany – Combo of Local Hospitality with History, Art, Culture, and Natural Beauty
If you conjure up images of your dream summer vacation, it probably looks something like Germany. It is the crown jewel beacuse of its lush beaches, azure landscapes, quaint towns and stunning mountains.
Must Visit Places in Germany: Cologne Cathedral, Sanssouci, Wadden Sea, Dresden Frauenkirche, and Wadden Sea
Things to Do in Germany:
- Visit this surreal museum of extraordinary industrial objects.
- Indulge in fairy tale fantasies at Neuschwanstein Castle, which was built by reclusive King Ludwig II of Bavaria in 1892.
- Rent a paddleboat and take a spin around Tegernsee, a beautiful lake surrounded by breathtaking alpine scenery.
Thailand – Friendly and Fun-Loving
It’s no wonder that Thailand is one of Asia’s most popular holiday destinations, given its spectacular beaches, energetic nightlife scene, and abundance of expensive resort hotels. There are some local attractions such as museums, seafood restaurants, and outdoor activities to keep you hooked to the city.
Must Visit Places in Thailand: Grand Palace, Koh Phangan, Safari World, Jomtien Beach, Jim Thompson House
Things to Do in Thailand:
- Snorkel your way around Koh Tao.
- Pump up the party with Slip n Fly in Koh Phangan.
- Watch the sunrise over Chiang Mai from a Hot Air Balloon.
Italy – Hub of Cultural Activities
If you are not looking for a beach getaway, and don’t mind a long flight, then Italy is the perfect destination to visit. And it is a hub of cultural activities which includes art, festivals, and multicultural cuisine. Take a tour of Colosseum or walk along the Florence Cathedral to experience, the old European charm of the city.
Must Visit Places in Italy: Colosseum, Florence Cathedral, Doge’s Palace, Piazza della Signoria, and Piazza dei Miracoli
Things to Do in Italy:
- Take a volcanic mud bath in the Aeolian Islands, which offer stunning scenery, sensational Seaford, and in some cases, sulphuric delights.
- Get your fill of history at the Sassi di Matera.
- Go on a boat excursion from Amalfi Coast to Capri.
Greece – A Land of Incredible Natural Beauty, Fascinating History, and Colorful Folklore
Enjoy the sunshine! Everything is exceptionally bright in Greece at summertime! The days are long, full of happy moments at the beach, strolling around the narrow streets of the Greek islands or sipping coffee by the sea. Greece offers more than just a beach getaway for your holiday. With diverse neighborhoods, multicultural cuisine, and a glamorous urbane facade, the city has a lot to offer to everyone.
Must Visit Places in Greece: Acropolis, Knossos, Ancient Agora of Athens, Myrtos Beach, and White Tower of Thessaloniki
Things to Do in Greece:
- Visit Santorini, which is a paradise of exquisite whitewashed domes, picturesque narrow streets of the quaint Oia, and world’s oldest natural volcanoes.
- Explore Green Island of Greece Kefalonia and enjoy in the lap of nature.
- Visit Monemvasia, which is famous for its superb architecture, cobbled streets and profound romanticism.
Georgia – Home to Some of Europe’s Highest Mountain Peaks
Filled with quaint towns and stunning churches and monasteries, the country of Georgia – strange yet lovely country, is known for its incredible wine, soaring mountains, delicious food, and friendly locals. And Georgia offers a refreshing and one-of-a-kind experience to everyone.
Must-Visit-Places in Georgia: Acropolis of Athens, Monastiraki, Acropolis Museum, Melissani Cave, Arch of Galerius and Rotunda
Things to Do in Georgia:
- Spend some time at Rustaveli Avenue, which houses numerous cultural, public, and governmental building, and Rustaveli Avenue buzzes.
- Admire some beautiful, panoramic views from Narikala Fortress, the most impressive landmarks of Tbilisi.
- Explore the alleys and courtyards of Old Tbilisi.
Poland – A Country in Central Europe with a Rich and Eventful History & a Colorful Heritage
Soaked in rich culture, tradition, and history – Poland is a country with a lot of archaeological sites and museums. It remains open well past midnight, and there are over 110 free events during summer. The wild bison of Bialowieza and the descent into the Wieliczka Salt Mine are some of the most interesting activities in the country. Do you need more reasons to visit Poland?
Must-Visit-Places in Poland: Wieliczka Salt Mine, Wawel Castle, Kraków Cloth Hall, Royal Castle, Warsaw, and Auschwitz-Birkenau Memorial and Museum
Things to Do in Poland:
- Savor the charm of central Krakow.
- Never miss tasting the famous Polish vodkas – Żubrówka Bison Grass Vodka.
- Take beach-like photos at amazing white sand dunes (Słowiński National Park).
Azerbaijan – The ‘Land of Fire’ is An Interesting Mix of Contradictions and Contrasts
Imagine yourself at the Caspian Sea borders with breathtaking climate, sublime beaches, megalithic monuments and a diverse culture. Visitors can relax, rejuvenate and rediscover themselves as they indulge in many other activities when visiting the country in summer.
Must-Visit-Places in Azerbaijan: Maiden Tower, Fountains Square Baku, Diri Baba Mausoleum, National Art Museum of Azerbaijan, and Heydar Aliyev Center
Things to Do in Azerbaijan:
- Ride the funicular from seaside to the Flame Towers.
- Explore Palace of the Shirvanshahs – a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Pay a visit to one of the most significant monuments – Bibi-Heybat Mosque.
Seychelles – An Archipelago of 115 Islands in the Indian Ocean
Spotting fish, savoring seafood, drinking coconut water on the beach, and taking a bicycle or a boat tour should all be on your itinerary during your trip to Seychelles in summer! This archipelago of paradisaical landscapes is the perfect place to relax and soak up the summer sun.
Must-visit Places in Seychelles: Aride Island, Praslin Museum, Felicite Island, Desroches Island, Bicentennial Monument, and La Digue
Things to Do in Seychelles:
- Enjoy awesome views from Petit Amour.
- Go for rock climbing in Constance Ephelia.
- Take a tour of Vallee de Mai.
Hong Kong: A Country with a Delectable Cuisine, Floating Islands, and a One-of-a-Kind Skyline
The summer is the perfect time to wander across Hong Kong. The dreary winter weather has lifted, and the charming city gears up to host many festivals. Visit museums, parks, gardens, or go on an urban adventure on your bike and enjoy your summer gateway in Hong Kong.
Must-visit Places in Hong Kong: Hong Kong Disneyland, Peak Tram, Clock Tower, Hong Kong Wetland Park, and Victoria Park
Things to Do in Hong Kong:
- Enjoy the perfect views from Victoria Peak.
- Rent a junk boat (Chinese fishing boats) and enjoy the wonderful rides on the sea.
- Never miss to ride the Star Ferry.
Armenia: A Veritable Treasure Trove of Incredibly Beautiful Historic Buildings & Monasteries
Summer is the perfect time for taking a vacation and going on an unforgettable journey in Armenia. During summer, Armenia offers a package of interesting tourist attractions: hiking, trekking, climbing, paragliding, beach holidays, tours and more.
Must Visit Places in Armenia: Geghard, Lake Sevan, Khor Virap, Garni Temple, Republic Square, and Yerevan Cascade
Things to Do in Armenia:
- Never miss tasting the delicious local cuisine and fruit-flavored wines.
- Enjoy the majestic views of Lake Sevan and its surroundings.
- Explore 1,000 beautifully preserved Khachkars at Noratus Cemetery.
How to Reach?
Most of the airlines connect the Middle East to all the above destinations. Emirates, Etihad, Oman Air, Saudia, EgyptAir, etc. have direct and connecting flights to Europe & summer holiday destinations in Asia.
Where to Stay?
From 5-star hotels to resorts to budget hotel accommodation, there is a lot to choose from for stay in all the popular destinations.
Pro-Tip – Summer holidays are one of the peak seasons for travel. Book your travel in advance with us and enjoy incredible offers to popular destinations.