Escape the Ordinary: 10 Best Places to Visit in April
Just as the winter starts to fade away and the spring is still spreading its colors in most parts of the world, the colder countries in the northern hemisphere offer some of the most vibrant landscapes and excellent climatic conditions for going on a vacation. The sun is mild and the breeze is extremely soothing in most places, making your exploration and expeditions much more enjoyable and convenient. The landscapes are greener and the beaches are calmer, giving you the best of everything to make the most of your trip. So let’s take a virtual tour of the world’s best places to visit in April.
Top 10 Places to Visit in April in the World
Oahu – Hawaii
Spending the spring in the Hawaiian Islands is like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for nature lovers and adventure seekers. The golden beach and vast blue sea, which served as the backdrop for numerous Hollywood blockbusters, provide the ideal setting for unwinding and developing close relationships with friends and family. Surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, kayaking, water skiing, and shark diving are just a few of the exhilarating adventure activities available on the beach and in the ocean. One of the top destinations worldwide for a beach trip in April is Oahu.
Things to do in Oahu
- Known for its white sandy beaches, Waikiki is a tourist-favorite spot for swimming, sunbathing, and water sports.
- Explore the North Shore. It is known for its big waves and surf spots, and the North Shore is a popular destination for surfers and beachgoers.
- Hike to the top of Diamond Head. This popular hike offers panoramic views of Waikiki and the Pacific Ocean.
- The Dole Plantation is a popular spot to learn about pineapple cultivation and taste delicious pineapple treats.
Byron Bay – Australia
Australia’s Byron Bay is a thrilling location to explore in April. When music fans from all over the world travel to Byron Bay to experience the art amidst the natural beauty, the month is famous for its well-known music festival, Byron Bay Blues-fest. The Blues-fest is a yearly event held at the Tyagarah Tea Tree Farm, and 2023 marks the festival’s 31st birthday.
Things to do in Byron Bay
- Discover how to surf like a pro, go kayaking with dolphins, and see whales in their natural environment.
- Visit waterfalls, glow worms, and the rainforest. Also, indulge in a delectable vegetarian dinner while spending an afternoon and evening in the great outdoors.
- Swim among turtles, manta rays, and exotic fish while snorkeling off the coast of Byron Bay.
- Over the cliffs and ridges, glide and fly.
- Near Byron Bay, explore native Australian wildlife in its natural habitat in three diverse settings.
Kyoto – Japan
Kyoto is a city located in the heart of the island of Honshu, Japan. It has been the capital of Japan for over a millennium, and as a result, it is home to many important cultural and historical sites, including over 2,000 temples and shrines. Some of the most famous include Kinkaku-ji, the Golden Pavilion and Fushimi Inari-Taisha, a shrine famous for its thousands of vermilion torii gates. Kyoto is also known for its traditional arts, such as kabuki theater, geisha, and woodblock printing. The city is also a popular tourist destination and is known for its beautiful gardens, lively markets, delicious food, and cherry blossoms. You may see the Hanami festival being celebrated in April, which is held to welcome the cherry blossom season.
Things to do in Kyoto
- Take a stroll through the Philosopher’s Path. This beautiful stone path follows a canal lined with cherry trees, making it a popular spot for cherry blossom viewing in spring.
- You can catch a kabuki performance, see a geisha dance, or take a workshop to learn about traditional art forms.
- Take a day trip to Arashiyama, a charming district located on the western outskirts of Kyoto. It is known for its beautiful bamboo grove and the famous Togetsu-Kyo Bridge.
- Kyoto has many beautiful hiking trails, such as the trail to the top of Mt. Daimonji, which offers great views of the city.
- Shop and eat at Nishiki market. It is a traditional food market with over 120 shops and restaurants.
Boracay Island – Philippines
One of the top escapades to visit in April 2023 is the Philippine island of Boracay. Boracay Island is one such island where finding seclusion is relatively easy, making it appealing to those looking for a holiday to unwind and refresh. This island is all about retro vibes and is free of major resort chains, so it exudes a true Filipino feel. The experience is made more enjoyable and unique by the presence of hotels and eateries that still exude a bygone ambiance.
Things to do at Boracay Island
- Go parasailing and jet skiing on the famous White Beach, known for its powdery white sand and crystal clear waters. Also, enjoy the nightlife and dining scene on the beach.
- Do snorkeling or diving in the marine reserve.
- Visit Puka Shell Beach and Willy’s Rock for unique natural sights.
- Explore the local culture and history at the Boracay Museum.
- Take a jungle tour to discover the island’s lush tropical forest.
- Shop at the local markets and boutiques for souvenirs and handmade crafts.
Santa Teresa – Costa Rica
In April, Santa Teresa has its own allure to offer. With its exhilarating water sports, this stunning location in Costa Rica draws adventurers from all over the world. Just travel to Santa Teresa in April for an enthralling vacation, whether you are interested in tranquil yoga sessions or wish to surf on the wild waves.
Things to do in Santa Teresa
- Take a walk through the bohemian neighborhood of Santa Teresa and admire the colorful street art and colonial-style architecture.
- Take a scenic tram ride up to the top of the hill to get a 360 degree view of the city.
- Unwind and soak up the sun at the Praia Vermelha (Red Beach)
- Take a bike ride or hike through the Tijuca National Park, one of the world’s largest urban forests.
- Visit the Lapa Arches, a historic aqueduct and popular nightlife spot in the area.
Sun Peaks – British Columbia
Are you considering going skiing in April? Go to Sun Peaks Resort in Sun Peaks, British Columbia, where you may want a mountain bike and ski to engage in a variety of other adventure activities. Prepare yourself for an exciting journey to British Columbia in April, when temperatures range from -4 to 9 degrees Celsius. Visit one of the most thrilling locations on earth to sate your thirst for adventure and thrills.
Things to do in Sun Peaks
- Try skiing, snowboarding, snowshoeing, and tubing on the resort’s 135 runs.
- In April, you can enjoy hiking, mountain biking, and golfing.
- The village of Sun Peaks also offers shops and restaurants, as well as a calendar of events throughout the year, including live music and festivals.
- The city also has excellent spa hubs and a few hot springs. Take time to rejuvenate in these luxuries.
- Take a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the snow-covered village. It will make your trip all the more fun!
- Visit the Sun Peaks Nature Centre to learn about the local wildlife and ecosystem.
Gyeongju – South Korea
In South Korea, the cherry blossom season is celebrated widely. Depending on the region, it typically begins in late March and lasts for 2 or 3 weeks into April. The parks and nature reserves all over the nation transform into a slice of heaven, but Gyeongju is the place to be if you want to witness the best of the best. It is home to several historical sites and served as the capital of the former Silla dynasty.
Things to do in Gyeongju
- Visit the Bulguksa Temple, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the most important Buddhist temples in South Korea.
- Every year the city organizes a festival which lasts 4 days and has lots of performances and events going on all around the city. The best part is that you will also get an opportunity to join the cherry blossom marathon. The marathon takes place just outside the city at Bomun lake.
- Walk along the Cheomseongdae Observatory, the oldest astronomical observatory in East Asia, built in the 7th century.
- Visit Tumuli Park, home to over 20 tombs of Silla kings and nobles, including the Cheonmachong Tomb.
- Take a hike up to the Seokguram Grotto, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a Buddhist hermitage built in the 8th century.
- Visit the Gyochon Traditional Village, a traditional village that has preserved the lifestyle, culture, and traditions of the Joseon Dynasty.
Ourika Valley – Morocco
Just one hour from the bustling medina of Marrakech, Morocco’s lovely Ourika Valley is a terrific off-the-beaten-path location to see cherry blossoms. You will be joined by Moroccan day-trippers eager to take advantage of the blooms, fresh air, and a stroll through the waterfalls behind the small hamlet of Stti Fatma when the blossoms emerge in April. You may view the lovely white cherry blossoms lining the walkway as you go along the winding paths behind the village, where several stalls selling souvenirs and juice are put up. Enjoy the scenery and the numerous lovely wildflowers you will see in the springtime close to Marrakech.
Things to do in Ourika Valley
- Check out the Anima Garden. Stunning sculptures with references to regional and global themes are tucked away among the shaded walkways and flowerbeds with tall grass, cacti, wildflowers, and water features.
- The Ourika River cascades down several tiers of rocks, creating beautiful waterfalls that are a must-see.
- The valley is home to several traditional Berber villages where you can learn about their culture and way of life.
- Guided treks and bike ride opportunities are available through the valley, allowing you to see the area’s natural beauty.
- Ourika Valley is home to several traditional hammams (bathhouses) where you can relax and rejuvenate in the natural hot springs.
Helsingborg – Sweden
Helsingborg is a city located in the southern part of Sweden. Helsingborg is known for its rich history, beautiful architecture, and a picturesque waterfront. Helsingborg boasts a showcase of rejuvenated waterfront restaurants, lofty castle ruins, and lively cobblestone streets, which in summer, thrive to the beat of a banging cultural drum. Helsingborg is a proud patron of the theater and the arts, and lovers of either discipline will find like-minded people here.
Things to do in Helsingborg
- It has a whole park full of Cherry blossoms. It’s quite spectacular to see these pink trees bloom in April. The Cherry Blossom park is located in the area called “Söder,” just a short walk from Gustav Adolfs Torg.
- Visit the Kärnan tower, which offers great views of the city and the Oresund strait.
- Explore the Fredriksdal Open-Air Museum, which features a collection of historical buildings and gardens. It gives you a glimpse into life in Sweden during the 18th and 19th centuries.
- Visit the Sofiero Palace and its gardens which were once the summer residence of the Swedish royal family.
- Visit the Dunkers Kulturhus, a cultural center featuring art exhibitions, live performances, and a variety of events and activities.
Bolivia – South America
Bolivia is renowned for having a diverse range of ecological habitats, including the Atacama Desert, the Amazon Basin rainforest, and the Andes Mountains. If you decide to come here in April, you will be able to take in the region’s breathtaking splendor since the rainy season ends in this month. For sightseeing and other fun trips, the month is ideal.
Things to do in Bolivia
- Take tours to see the salt flats and the nearby lagoons filled with flamingos in Salar de Uyuni.
- Explore the markets, museums, and historic sites in La Paz.
- Take boat trips and visit the indigenous communities that live on lake Titicaca.
- See the Tiwanaku Ruins. These ancient ruins date back to the pre-Columbian era and are considered one of the most important archaeological sites in South America.
- Explore the Amazon Rainforest to see wildlife and learn about the indigenous people who live there.
The month of April has a special way of transforming many desirable tourist areas into fantastic vacation spots. We assume that by this point, you must have selected one suitable location from the list. Rehlat can help you with your hotel and travel plans and can even create a special package for you so you can take full advantage of the locations.