Sri Lanka is a country that should be explored for it has abundant natural beauty to be appreciated. No matter where you step on this land, you will be mesmerized by its beauty. So wander off into this island in South Asia and be hypnotized by its charm.
5 Reasons to Take Off to Sri Lanka Right Away
Because the train rides are more beautiful than the destination
Imagine this- you’re travelling by a train and you would see wonders of nature wherever your eyes would wander. Expect the breathtaking scenery of tea states, forests, waterfalls, hills, monkeys, and elephants during a train ride in Sri Lanka.
- Colombo to Jaffna
- Colombo to Nurweya Eliya
- Kandy to Ella
Treasure hunt: Can you find the Buddha’s tooth?
If you’re thinking of this as some child’s play, it’s not. It’s a sacred trip that most Buddhists in Sri Lanka want to go on at least once in their lifetime. The relic of Buddha’s tooth is kept protected in a temple in Kandy.
- Kandy used to be the capital of the last Sinhalese dynasty.
- It is said that the tooth was seized from Buddha’s funeral pyre in 543 B.C.
- Buddhist tradition gives the divine right to the possessor of the tooth to rule Sri Lanka.
Because beaches, beaches everywhere and not a beach to miss
There are so many beaches in Sri Lanka that you can’t even count on both hands. Just bask in any beach you want or try water sports or both. If you want to experience local life on a beach, visit beaches towards south. There you will find fishermen carrying out their daily activities.
Let the Wild be Wild
- Visit Kalpiyati to see blue whales and dolphins.
- Visit Yala national park to see a wild variety of wildlife: aloth bears, buffalo, leopards, elephants, different species of birds, wild butterflies, etc.
For the pure love for elephants
Ever wondered about orphaned elephants? I guess not. You can meet these elephants in Sri Lanka. Eighty elephant orphans go from Pinnewala to get their everyday drink and river bath. There are several restaurants on the riverfront for you to enjoy the sight. In case you’d like to ride or wash these elephants, you can do so in the nearby private camps.