The Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival: Your Pass to Icy-snowy Dreamland
The Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival is the biggest winter festival in the world. Tourists flock in millions to marvel at awe-inspiring ice sculptures. Read everything about the world’s biggest ice and snow sculpture festival here.
The Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture Festival
Interesting things to know
- Around 15 million tourists visit this festival every year.
- It is spread over an area of about 600,000 sq. meters.
- The tallest sculpture in the festival is as high as 46 meters.
- It takes almost 10,000 workers to transform ice into works of art.
How is it different from other winter festivals?
It is greater than any other ice and snow sculpture festival in the world due to its magnificence, size, and scale of the exhibits and lighting. Many sculptors from all over the world participate in this festival and the size and splendor of the sculptors is nothing less than breathtaking. Even, the lighting effects on the exhibits are controlled by LEDs. Regular lighting is also used to highlight the color and design of the sculptures.
- Sun Island Scenic Area: It’s open only during the day and exhibits snow sculptures.
- The Ice and Snow World: Visit this venue during night to enjoy the brightly lit huge ice sculptures of palaces, The Great Wall of China, and so on.
- Zhaolin Park: This venue is mostly for kids. There are over 1,000 ice sculptures of magical creatures and ice lanterns. Kids can also indulge in various activities like ice sliding.