Mauritius is one of the best destinations to plan your vacation. This island country has something for everyone– be it beaches, museums, markets, wildlife parks, or waterfalls. It’s an ideal getaway for families, friends and solo travelers alike. If you’re too confused by seeing a plethora of places to see in Mauritius, here’s an exclusive list of places to visit in Mauritius for all kinds of travelers.
Best Places to Explore in Mauritius
For the beachoholics: Trou Aux Biches
Trou Aux Biches is a perfect getaway destination in Mauritius for a relaxing holiday. Soft sands and clear water make it an ideal place for people who are looking for a calm and peaceful atmosphere to de-stress.
- You can satiate your cravings for delicious food at a number of food stalls and cafes serving various cuisines that line up the coast.
- This beach is also popular among tourists for snorkeling and swimming.
For the nature lovers and adventure seekers: Tamarind Waterfalls
These waterfalls are a treat to the eyes. You won’t be able to stop yourself from admiring their natural beauty. Seven cataracts make up these waterfalls and therefore, they are also known as the Seven Cascades.
The waterfalls are situated on the Tamarin River and are known for a number of recreational and adventure driven activities such as hiking, canyoneering, cliff jumping, bird-watching, and swimming.
For the history geeks: Eureka House
Eureka house (Maison Eureka) was built 188 years ago in 1830. It used to be a place of residence of English and French aristocrats. Today, it has been converted into a museum and offers a unique insight into the history of Mauritius.
- Eureka House has a reputation of being the largest house in Mauritius. Thanks to its 109 doors and windows.
- The museum has separate areas for music, art, maps, and Chinese and Indian houseware.
- Not only the interior, but its exterior is also unbelievably beautiful. Lake Moka, tiny waterfalls, pretty plants, eye-soothing greenery, and beautiful gardens surrounding it make Eureka house look almost akin to heaven.
For the shopaholics: Port Louis Market
This is the best place to shop if you’re looking for a bit of Mauritius to take with you.
Head to Port Louis Market to shop for:
- Cute souvenirs
- Bamboo products
- Indigenous herbs
For the turtle lovers: Parc Francois Leguat
Located in Rodrigues Island, this is paradise for someone who loves turtles. There are so many turtles in this wildlife park that it is often referred to as the turtle park.
- Countless turtles of all ages inhabit this park.
- It’s an ideal place to spend a pleasant family time.
Are you ready to head over to Mauritius?