January, the first month of the year is usually spent on reflecting back on the year gone by, the amazing things we did and the things we missed. As we ponder on what to do this year, we would say this year say yes to new places, new friends, new memories, and of course some adventures.
Exploring the world is always a good plan as you discover how beautiful the world is and how different the cultures are. However, traveling the world can be a thing to think about for Muslims. Halal food and arrangements are the first thing to consider when we have to plan for a vacation. But that’s a worry no more. As Halal Tourism is gaining popularity, Muslims now have more and better places to travel and have some great times this year.
There are so many amazing Halal friendly holiday destinations but here are the 10 best Muslim-Friendly countries to travel in 2019:
Top 10 Halal-Friendly Destinations to Visit in 2019
This tops the list because not only the country is halal friendly but also guarantees the best fusion of food, impeccable hospitality, fun activities, sightseeing, and much more.
What to see and do in Malaysia?
- Click a selfie in front of Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
- Go on a date with history at Melaka Historic City
- Island hoping is a must and don’t forget to take a trip to the Redang Island
- Walk in the sky at Sky Bridge Pantai Kok – Langkawi
- Penang Hill is a must visit
- Kinabalu National Park should be on your list
- Sample local cuisine and taste some Nasi Kander
- Go shopping at Petaling Street & Central Market in Kuala Lumpur
Food, location, people – everything about Turkey is extra ordinary. With nearly 98% population being Muslim, it’s easy to find Halal friendly food, facilities, and prayer places.
What to see and do in Turkey?
- See what early medieval era of Turkey looked like at Ankara Castle or Ankara Kalesi
- Go hot air ballooning at Cappadocia
- Visit the largest underwater worlds in Europe – Aqua Vega Aquarium in Ankara
- Check royalty at Dolmabahce Palace in Istanbul
- Hagia Sophia should not be ignored
- Shopping at Grand Bazaar & Spice Bazaar is an experience
- Troy and Topokapi are a must visit
- Gorge on Menemen, Meze, Iskender Kebap, Manti, Kunefe, & many more
United Arab Emirates (UAE)
7 emirates and each one better than the other. The sheer magnificence of UAE and the hospitality will floor you for sure.
What to see and do in the UAE?
- A selfie with Burj Khalifa as backdrop is must
- Shopping at Dubai mall
- Visit the Dubai Frame & Dubai Fountain
- Souks tour and shopping
- Zip line at Ras Al Khaimah
- Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- Prayer at Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Overnight desert camp
- Taste global cuisine & Baklava
Picturesque landscapes, breath-taking beaches, historic attractions and much make the island nation a hot favourite. Be it Bali, java, Sumatra, Papua, or Lombok, every island is a gem in itself.
What to see and do in Indonesia?
- Island hopping
- Dip in Ubud hot spring water
- Tegalalang Rice Terrains
- Komodo National Park
- Mount Kawi
- Mount Batur Sunrise
- A Spa experience is a must
- Try Satay – the Indonesian delicacy
Exotic culture and locations are Morocco’s specialty. Remember Casablanca, yes the movie. It’s a real destination in Morocco.
What to see and do in Morocco?
- Visit the Tanneries in Fez
- Blue Streets of Chefchaouen
- Taste Moroccan cuisine. Sample iconic food like the tagine and harira.
- A visit to the traditional hammam
- Beach side dinner at Djemaa el Fna
- Night camping in Sahara desert
- Souks are must for some cheap textiles, spices, and souvenirs
Lost city of Petra, Dead Sea, and Wadi Rum – the introduction for Jordan cannot be much better than this. The laid back lifestyle and hospitability cannot be expressed in words.
What to see and do in Jordan?
- Visit Petra Heritage sites, Jerash ruins, & Wadi al-Mujib
- Experience classic traditional spa or bath
- Souk Jara
- Desert camp
- Tour Amman in night
- Float in the dead sea and read a book
- Mud bath on Dead Sea shores
- Go canyoning in the warm waters of Jordan
- Stay at Feynan Eco-Lodge
- Sleep in the Bedouin camp
- Hummus & Labneh are must try
Every street of Egypt is wrapped in history. From the Pyramids and Sphinx in Cairo to the temples and tombs in Luxor, Egypt is a must in your itinerary.
What to see and do in Egypt?
- Selfie with Cairo Tower
- Visit the Colossi of Memnon
- Take a Nile Cruise in the evening
- Museums should be in your itinerary – Egyptian Museum, Coptic Musuem, Gayer-Anderson Museum, Luxor Muesuem
- Visit Montaza palace
- Go to Mount Sinai
- Karnak Tour
- Shopping at Khan el-Khalili
- Visit Siwa Oasis
- Sample some Pita bread with Hummus, the local favorite
The football nation has been a thriving halal friendly country, thanks to the Muslim population residing there. The country has the Central Mosque (also known as the Abu-Bakr Mosque) and the Islamic Cultural Center of Madrid.
What to see and do in Spain?
- Visit La Sagrada Familia
- Eat Tapas
- Hike the Picos De Europa
- See a Flamenco Show
- Admire the architecture of Antoní Gaudí
- Watch a bull fight
- Visit the Alhambra
- Take a tour of the City of Seville
Malta, the beautiful gem of Europe had been hiding from the world. Filled with halal friendly restaurants and hotels to stay, this is a must visit island country. The history, resorts, and serene sea side would capture your senses.
What to see and do in Malta?
- Must visit Valetta, Malta’s capital
- Take a tour of the fortress city, Old MDina
- Go to the Islamic Centre of Malta.
- Evening walk at Birgu waterfront
- Check out the Game of Thrones filming locations
- Go for Bay street shopping
- Visit the Malta Falconry Centre in Siggiewi
- Take a tour of the Palazzo Falson Historic House Museum in Mdina
With over 100 attractions, luxurious getaways, halal friendly cuisines, and lots of friendly smiles, India is a must visit.
What to see and do in India?
- Taj Mahal, Golconda Fort, Charminar, Red Fort, and historic monuments are a must visit
- A stay at Udaipur
- Relax at beach side in Goa
- Sample Indian cuisine – Parathas, Biriyani, and sweet and savouries are must try
- Street shopping
- Train ride to Darjeeling
Wishing you a New Year filled with approved leaves, cheap flight tickets, low cost good hotel reservations, and brand new memories at these top 10 halal friendly holiday destinations.