Andorra is the sixth smallest country in the European continent nestled in the lap of the mighty Pyrenees mountains. This neighbour of France and Spain has alpine as well as continental climate depending on the changing seasons. Despite being small, this country has no dearth of tourist attractions.
Your Guide to Explore Andorra
Sant Joan de Caselles Church
Included in the list of monuments at Cultural Heritage of Andorra, it’s a beautiful Romanesque church dating back to the 12th century with a medieval cemetery.
Andorra la Vella
The capital city tops the list of most popular tourist places in this small European country. It is situated on an altitude of 1,029m enabling the travelers to treat their eyes to the panorama of Pyrenees mountains. The city also has many attractions such as Sant Esteve Church, Placa del Poble, and Casa de la Vell.
If you’re traveling during winter, then Vallnord is a must visit as it offers a lot of snow activities including skiing. Many ski resorts are scattered along the slopes so you can make the best out of your winter holidays.
National Automobile Museum
This museum in the town of Encamp is heaven for those who are into the vintage automobile. Here you will find a vast collection of classic vintage cars, bicycles, and motorcycles as old as the 19th century.
Taste the Flavours
- Pa Amb Tomaquet (Bread with Tomato)
- Crema Andorrana/Catalana
- Truta a la Andorrana
- Steak Tartare
- Cannelloni Andorrana
- Truites de Casseroles
- Tablas de embutidos
Exploring the Smallest European Country
You can explore Andorra by bus. Here are the bus routes for your reference:
- L1 Sant Julia de Loria – Andorra la Vella / Escaldes-Engordany
- L2 Andorra la Vella – Encamp
- L3 Andorra la Vella – Encamp – Soldeu
- L4 Andorra la Vella – Encamp – Soldeu – Pas de la Casa
- L5 Andorra la Vella – La Massana – Arinsal
- L6 Andorra la Vella – La Massana – Ordino
- E (express) Sant Julia de Loria – Andorra la Vella/Escaldes-Engordany
- Bn1 Andorra la Vella – Sant Julia de Loria (every 60 min)
- Bn2 Canillo – Andorra la Vella – Canillo (every 120 min)
- Bn3 Ordino – Arsinal – Andorra la Vella – Ordino (every 90 min)
How to reach Andorra?
Andorra has no international airport. The closest airports from where you can travel to Andorra by bus or cars are:
- Toulouse-Blagnac (TLS)
- Carcassonne (CCF)
- Girona–Costa Brava (GRO)
- Barcelona-El Prat (BCN)
- Reus (REU)
Know more about other visa free countries for Emirati citizens.Click Here.