Say Hello to September at These Travel Destinations
Pure magic awaits you!
September is the best month to travel. Don’t believe me? It is the month which is neither hot nor cold. It is the month where nature turns into a canvas and leaves begin to change their colours. Let’s take a look at how some of the wonderful places become even more wonderful in September.
Rhodes offers a perfect getaway for September with its breathtaking beaches, archaeological sites, medieval architecture, and a World Heritage City i.e. the old city of Rhodes. This city is an absolute delight for history enthusiasts or for someone who is fascinated by Greece.
- Enjoy the stunning architecture of the ancient city of Kamiros and acropolis at Lindos.
- Join the dots of history in the Museum of Modern Greek Art and the Archaeological Museum.
- Let your taste buds savour the delicious seafood such as lobster, octopus, squid, etc. at soul captivating taverns.
- September is the perfect month to laze around on the beaches when the air is neither too cold nor too warm. So relax while treating yourself to the spellbinding view of the sea.
Tokyo & Kyoto, Japan
If you think cheery blossoms are too mainstream, then you should visit Japan in September. The season when leaves change colour and the streets and tourist destinations are less crowded are the best time to experience this country. For delicious food options read my article “Don’t Leave Japan Without Trying These Delicacies”.While you’re there, don’t forget to open all your senses to engulf yourself in the beauty of Japan.
- Immerse yourself in the sublimity of temples and gardens in Kyoto.
- Enjoy the autumn breeze roaming around in the streets of Tokyo.
- Try your luck at Pachinko parlours in Tokyo.
- Contribute to the slurping rhythms of ramen restaurants.
- Experience Zen on mountaintops and monasteries.
- For a spiritual experience, visit pilgrimage and remote shrines.
- Bathe in hot water springs (onsens) of the Kii Peninsula
Machu Picchu, Peru
Machu Picchu is one of the new seven wonder of the world. September is the best month to visit the “Lost City of the Inca” due to pleasant weather conditions and comparatively less crowd. The Inca trail stretches up to 30 miles.
Keep some time aside to explore Cusco, the historic capital of the Inca Empire.
Hampshire, New England
Plan a trip to New England during September for a heavenly view of Autumn at its best. The leaves of different shades look as if someone painted a life-like painting.
Water in New Hampshire is so clear that you can see the reflection of trees and sky in it. Sail through this mirror-water on a kayak, canoe, windjammer, or schooner on the Marine coast. You can also book a cruise to sail through Vermont’s Lake Champion on the Spirit of Ethan Allen III. While sailing these waters, you cab enjoy the heart pounding views of the Adirondacks and Green Mountains on the east and west respectively.
September is the perfect time to visit Iran as during this time of the year there is no rainfall and the scorching heat of the summer is also not there. Famous for its hospitality, Iran is one of the most inviting places in the world.
- Spend time exploring the meandering streets of Grand Bazaar in Tehran.
- Admire intricate Persian architecture of Isfahan’s Naqsh-e Jahan Square and its nearby gardens.
- Visit Nasir-ol-Molk mosque and see the world through its rainbow tinted glass windows.
- Fesenjan is a traditional stew of Iran seasoned with pomegranate and ground walnuts.
Now that the ninth month has arrived, when are you planning to experience this remarkable season of autumn?